On September 4, 2018, the Department of Labor issued updated Family and Medical Leave Act (“FMLA”) notices and certification forms. The new notices and forms contain a new expiration date of August 31, 2021, but are otherwise substantively the same as the prior versions.
The new notices and forms were issued due to a regulatory requirement that the Office of Management and Budget approve them every three years.
Although the forms are identical in substance to the prior forms, employers covered by the FMLA should be sure to use the new versions of the forms with the updated expiration date of August 31, 2021. The new forms are linked below.
THE UPDATED DOCUMENTS INCLUDE:
- WH-380-E Certification of Health Care Provider for Employee’s Serious Health Condition (PDF)
- WH-380-F Certification of Health Care Provider for Family Member’s Serious Health Condition (PDF)
- WH-381 Notice of Eligibility and Rights & Responsibilities (PDF)
- WH-382 Designation Notice (PDF)
- WH-384 Certification of Qualifying Exigency For Military Family Leave (PDF)
- WH-385 Certification for Serious Injury or Illness of Covered Servicemember — for Military Family Leave (PDF)
- WH-385-V Certification for Serious Injury or Illness of a Veteran for Military Caregiver Leave (PDF)